In the multidisciplinary environment of KIIT Deemed to University, KIIT School of Law (KLS) started its journey in the year of 2007. Now the School is offering 5 years B.A. LL.B., B.B.A. LL.B and B.Sc. LL.B honour’s courses with one-year LL.M. and Ph. D programme. This is the first law School which is offering LL.B. with six specializations in Business Law, Constitutional Law, Crime & Criminology Law Intellectual Property Law, Taxation Law and International Law. Separate biotechnology, chemistry and physics laboratories for B. Sc. LL.B. students have also been established in the law school premises. The innovative curricula of KLS have evolved upon the aforesaid paradigms. The LL.B. curriculum has been devised in such a fashion to cater to the need of the legal experts in making. It provides ample scope for the young budding legal professionals to understand legal concepts and ability to appreciate various issues in legal settings and instill in them the merit and reasoning standards required for a high professional conduct. We are constantly innovating to ensure new and better way of training professionals in the legal fraternity, who would be competent as well as worthy of public trust. We have a diverse student population drawn from as many as 20 states of India. Emerging as one of the finest law schools, KSOL is known for its teaching standards and scholarship.
- The School runs under the guidance of Prof. N. L. Mitra, Former Director, National Law School of India University, Bangalore who is the Chairman of the National Advisory Committee of the KIIT School of Law.
- The School runs under the guidance of Prof. N. L. Mitra, Former Director, National Law School of India University, Bangalore who is presently the Chancellor of KIIT University and the Chairman of the National Advisory Committee of the KIIT School of Law.
- Prof. J. Martin Hunter, a Barrister at the Essex Court Chambers, London & Emeritus Professor, Nottingham Trent University, U.K. is a guiding force behind the school.
- It is also the first law school of the country which has implemented the curricula recommended by the Bar Council of India of 2009.
- KIIT School of Law has been admitted as member of the International Association of Law Schools, Washington, U.S.A. and Asia – Pacific Association of Law Schools, Australia.
- KIIT School of Law believes that being technology-savvy is an indispensable trait of competence in the modern world. Laptops are thus provided to all undergraduate students by KSOL immediately after admission with 24 hours Internet facility.
- We encourage students to learn analytical, communication and research skills together with a sound understanding of legal ethics and professional responsibilities.
- KIIT School of Law library is one of the most comprehensive law libraries in India and undeniably one of the most attractively designed.
- At Present, KLS is one of the leading Law schools in India having specialized honours courses in Buisness Law, Constitutional Law, Crime and Criminology, International Law, Intellectual Property Law and Taxation Law.
30th March 2014: Inauguration of Centre for Corporate & Commercial Law by Prof. P. P. Mathur, Vice Chancellor, KIIT University, Senior Advocate of Supreme Court, Mr Rupinder Singh Suri, Prof. N. K. Chakrabarti, Director, KIIT School of Law and Mrs. G. Suri, Managing Partner, Suri & Co.
11th November 2013: Inauguration of 1st KCIA International Arbitration Workshop by Prof. P.P.Mathur, Vice Chancellor, KIIT University, Prof Martin Hunter, Barrister, Essex Court Chambers, The Right Honorable Lord Mark Oliver Saville, Former Judge , Supreme Court of United Kingdom, Mr Paul Bowden, Partner, Freshfield Bruckhaus, Prof. N K Chakrabarti, Director, KIIT School of Law.
13th September 2013: Inauguration of 1st Conference on Intellectual Property Rights , School of Law. Chaired by Prof (Dr.) N.L Mitra , Chancellor of KIIT University, Prof. P.P.Mathur, Vice Chancellor, KIIT University, Prof (Dr) Prabuddha Ganguli, CEO, Vision IPR and MHRD IPR Chair Professor, Tezpur University, Assam and Prof. N K Chakrabarti, Director, KIIT School of Law.
29th August 2013: 1st KIIT University , National Moot Court Championship at KIIT School of Law.
7th Biennial Conference of Indian Society of Victimlogy was organized by KIIT School of Law, KIIT University