MASTER OF LAW (LL.M.) – ONE YEAR PROGRAMME
The LL.M is a One-year (two-semester) Post Graduate degree program. The course consists of Two Semesters. The School of Law, KIIT University is going to introduce a semester based One-Year Postgraduate LL.M Degree course from the next academic session i.e. 2014-15.
Candidate should have passed B.A.LLB/ BBA LLB/ B.Sc.LLB /B.L, degree or an equivalent degree from recognized university and must have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate.
Admission to the said course shall be done through an All India Admission Test to be conducted by the University every year. The candidates intending to secure admission to the said course should possess an LL. B degree from a recognized University and get through the All India Admission test.
The One-Year LL.M program shall have a minimum of 28 credit points having the following components:
- Foundation Course having four credit points
- Optional / specialization Papers having two credit points
- A minimum of four specialization Papers from any group/ cluster may be taken by a candidate and the remaining as optional papers as per his/her choice.
- The number of Specialization Groups and Optional Papers will be decided by the CPGLS.
- Dissertation shall have four credit points.
- Research Methods and Legal Writing
- System of Governance and Law
- Justice in Globalizing World.
Optional and Specialization
- International and Comparative Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Criminal and Security Law
- Family and Social Security Law
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Legal Pedagogy and Research.
OPTIONAL PAPERS AS SPECIALIZATION OFFERED
|International and Comparative Law||Corporate and Commercial Law||Criminal and Security Law||Family and Social Security Law||Constitutional and Administrative Law||Legal Pedagogy and Research|
|2.1||International Economic Law||Competition Law||Criminology and Criminal Justice Administration||Law relating to Marriage and Separation||Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles||Ideas of Justice and Justice Education|
|2.2||International Human Rights Law||Laws on Securities and Financial Market||Victimology||Labour and Employment Law||Center-State Relations and Constitutional Governance||Curriculum Planning and Teaching Plans Development|
|2.3||Comparative Law||Investment Law||Sentences and Sentencing||Law of Inheritance and Succession||Administrative Law||Legal Clinics and Clinical Methodology|
|2.4||Conflict of Laws||Banking and Insurance Law||International Criminal Law||Child Rights and Protection||Media Law||Legal Research and Writing|
|2.5||International Criminal Law||Intellectual Property Law||Police Law and Administration||Rights of Women and their Protection||Religion, Diversity and the Law||Science, Technology and Law|
|2.6||Air and Space Law||International Trade Law||Corporate Crimes/White Collar Crimes||Health Law||Public Policy Development||Legal Profession and Social Justice|
KSOL offers the following areas of specialization. However the number of optional / specialization courses in any academic year to be offered will depend upon the number of students selected in respective areas of specialization