Ramesh Chandra Sethi
Dr. Ramesh Chandra Sethi holds a Ph.D degree in Political Science from University of Hyderabad. He has also completed M.A. and M.Phil degree in Political Science from the same university. He has done research work on Public Health Policy to obtain his Ph.D degree and done research work on Food Security Issues and Perspectives for his M.Phil degree. After submission of Ph.D Thesis, he had joined as a Research Associate at the Centre for Innovations in Public Systems (CIPS), one of the Centers of Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI-An Institution of Excellence and National Importance, Established in 1956), Hyderabad on 10th July, 2013. Within a short span of time, due to his methodological working style and hard work, Dr. Sethi was promoted to a position of Project Officer and he was the in charge of a Project titled “Capacity Building Programs of Innovative/Best Practices under the Mission Mode Projects (MMP) of State Governments and Govt. of India, entrusted to CIPS by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India. While working at CIPS, Dr. Sethi had got the opportunity of working with different State Governments and with DeitY and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
Dr. Ramesh Chandra Sethi is passionate about teaching and research, as a result, he left CIPS on 31st May, 2016 and joined as an Assistant Professor at Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ), Ranchi on 5th September, 2016. He was teaching the subjects namely Human Rights and Conflict Management and International Relations to Post Graduate and Integrated Master Degree students respectively. He was relieved from the duty from CUJ, Ranchi on 28th February, 2018 and has joined as an Assistant Professor in the School of Law, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha on 1st March, 2018.
Dr. Sethi has qualified UGC-NET in Political Science in July 2007. He has participated and delivered oral presentations at seven national level Conferences/Seminars and two International Conferences. He was invited for an oral presentation on “National Rural Health Mission in India: From Policy to Action” that was held at Lodz City, Poland from 25-28 November, 2009. He has published thee articles in different edited books, an article in the UGC listed refereed journal and an article in the International Conference proceedings.
Public Policy, Indian Government and Politics, Comparative Politics, Development Studies, and Peace and Conflict Studies
1. Sethi, Ramesh Chandra, “Alma-Ata Declaration: Ambitious Vision and Achievement Reality”, GNLU Journal of Law, Development and Politics, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, Vol. 4, Issue. 1, April 2014, ISSN: 0975-0193, pp. 39-58.
2. Sethi, Ramesh Chandra, “Measuring Factors of Women Empowerment: Study of Maternal and Child Health in India”, full paper published in the International Seminar Proceedings (in Research Papers), published by Gujarat National Law University, Gujarat, India, 2012, ISBN: 978-81-910389-5-8, pp. 143-157.
3. Sethi, Ramesh Chandra, “Population Control: Recent Initiatives of the Government”, in Sumathi B. and Prasad BVS (eds.), Population Growth and Indian Economy - Public Policy Issues, ICFAI books, The ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad, 2009, ISBN: 978-81-314-2405-6, pp. 154-174.
4. Sethi, Ramesh Chandra, “Health Education in India and Its Impact on Public Health”, in Bhaskran S., and Sumathi B. (eds.), Health Education in India, ICFAI books, The ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad, 2008, ISBN: 978-81-314-1615-0, pp. 3-33.
5. Sethi, Ramesh Chandra, “Health Care Activities in Rural India” in Bhaskran S., and Sumathi B. (eds.), Health Care in India: Opportunities and Challenges, ICFAI books, The ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad, 2008, ISBN: 978-81-314-1716-4, pp. 43-77.