|Brief Overview of the Centre(Not exceeding 300 words)
||The KSOL Centre for Studies in Business and Corporate Law (KCBCL), as it is known, is an initiative of the KIIT School of Law in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, with the goal of promoting interdisciplinary study in corporate law and allied subjects such as insolvency and securities law etc. Its mission is to offer an effective venue for discussion and dialogue on current topics and challenges in corporate law and related fields in order to develop rational answers and raise awareness among law students and academia.
The visionary aspect of the Centre was to deal with the changing criteria in the fields of corporate studies and research. Primarily, in the year 2017, the Centre’s raison offered a platform to recommend discussions on company legal guidelines, and anatomize on exclusive subjects and additionally expand a hobby in corporate regulation subjects. It is an endeavor to sell the expertise and studies within side the discipline of the Business Law and is an initiative taken with the aid of using the School of Law, KIIT University to assist college students in addition to different stakeholders to evolve the modifications for private in addition to commercial growth. The Centre’s founding purpose is to analyze and examine the enterprise regulation paradigm, to gain that the Centre will behavior numerous sessions, seminars, meetings etc. over the length of time; creating an expertise of realistic elements of company and business legal guidelines amongst students that is going past the scope of school room teaching, which includes preserving the conventional technique of disseminating knowledge, breeding college students specializing in studies and concurrently imparting a breadth and intensity of records specially company legal guidelines and to convey together, from the practicing fields to construct a platform and to gain the top of perfection in corporate education.
|Events held by the Centre till date
||Detail of the events that are conducted by KSOL- Centre for Studies in Business and Corporate Law (KCBCL)
- 10th November 2017- Topic for discussion: “Competition Law: Problems and Prospects. Guest speakers: with Ms Sibani Swain, IES, Adviser, CCI and Mr V Sriraj, Dy Director Antitrust Division, CCI.
- 18th November 2017 – A seminar on “Corporate Law: Emerging Issues.” Guest speakers: S.J Mukhopadhaya, Chairman, National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT), New Delhi,
- 15th January 2018 – A lecture on “Securities” by Prem Kumar Malhotra, Former Law Secretary, Government of India, Chairman Suncap Insolvency Professionals Pvt Ltd, Member of law commission of India, the presiding officer and member of Securities Appellate Tribunal.
- 16th January 2018 – A Lecture on “Judicial Activism” by Prem Kumar Malhotra
- 5th October 2018 – Workshop on “Competition Law: Emerging Issues and Challenges”. Guest speaker was Dr Bidyadhar Majhi, Director (Economics) CCI.
- 16th October 2018 – A special lecture on “Corporate law” and Hon’ble Shri Justice SJ Mukhopadhyay graced the event (currently Chairperson of National Company Law Tribunal) and Mr. SC Das, who is Senior Supreme Court Advocate, a known figure in the arena of corporate law (especially an expert on insolvency issues).
- 31st October 2019 – The KSOL- Centre for Studies in Business and Corporate Law, KIIT (Deemed to be) University has selected 40students of KIIT Law School to visit the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Bhubaneswar local office on the invitation from SEBI to be a part of “Financial Awareness efforts of SEBI” which is a part of the nation-wide financial education drive aimed at promoting financial inclusion.
- 15th November 2019 – 3rd one-day national seminar on competition law in India on “Competition Law in India”. Guest speaker- Dr Bidyadhar Majhi, Director (Eco) CCI and Mr. Arpan Sharma Dy Director in Law CCI.
- 10th April 2021- Topics for discussion: “Anti-Competitive Agreements under the Competition Act, 2002” and “Leniency Regime in India”. Guest Speaker for the Sessions: Dr Vijay Kumar Aggarwal (Senior Consultant, Competition Law and Policy, Lex Indis). Mr. Vaibhav Choukse (Partner, Competition Law, J. Sagar Associates, Advocates and Solicitors)
- 17th April 2021- The topic of discussion: “Creditors’ Right under India’s New Insolvency Code and Governance Implications.” Guest Speaker: Prof. (Dr.) Indrajit Dube, Professor of Law, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur.
- 18th April 2021- The topic of Discussion: “Global Trade Policies and Remedies under Multilateral Trade Agreements in post Pandemic scenario.” Guest Speakers: Ms Amshuly Chandran, Legal Counsel, Dan Tan Law; Ms, Ritika Bansal, Indian Economic Service, Government of India; Mr. Jayant Raghu Ram, Principal Associate, Customs and International Trade Division, L&S.
- 24th April 2021: The topic of discussion: “Pre-pack Insolvency: A game-changer for India.” Guest Speaker: CA IP Nilesh Sharma, RRR Insolvency Service Experts LLP (RRRISE), New Delhi; CS IP Amit Gupta, PCS, Lucknow; and CS S Sudhakar, Reliance Industries Ltd., Mumbai.
- 8th May 2021- The topic of Discussion: “Critical issues arising from the recent changes in the Companies Act, 2013.” Guest Speaker: IP Amit Gupta, PCS, Lucknow, Vivek Hegde, PCS, Bengaluru & Divesh Goyal PCS, New Delhi.
- 30th May 2021- “The topic of Discussion: Big Tech and Competition Law- Contemporary issues.” Guest Speaker: Ms Soumya Hariharan, Partner (Competition Law) Trilegal.